Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Recent Writing...

It's been some time since I've really posted any links to anything that I've been working on so I thought maybe we could work our way back and let me reestablish that, yes, I have been writing some. Actually, I'm looking forward to unveiling something that I'm really excited about in the next couple of days but, in the meantime, allow me to share some of what I've been at work on most recently.

Let's begin with my recent work for Stereo Subversion.

First up is a review for longtime party jammers, The B-52's new album, Funplex. It's just what you'd expect from the group: quirky, progressive, and fun.

Next is a review of Paul Thorn and band's latest effort, A Long Way From Tupelo. For my money, Thorn is one of the most underrated artists working in the industry today. Let's hope new management and this album help him to overcome that monkey on his back.

And last but not least, for the moment, is my review of alt-country chanteusse Tift Merritt's most recent work, Another Country. It's soulful, light, and refreshing. It's a wonderful sonic retreat for those in need of some respite from the day-to-day grind.

More to come...

3 comments:

Julie Gilmore said...

Hi Andrew,
Its been quite a few years since I last seen you. Its me Julie Gilmore (Smith) We worked together at Movie Gallery on SR 64. I have thought of you often wondering what you have been up to. Last time we talked you were getting married. So now you know how long it has been since we have talked. My husband and I started going to church at Bible Baptist and I know you attended there years ago but was sure if you still go.
I hope all is well with you. Would like to hear back from you.
Julie

Andrew Greenhalgh said...

Jule, I'd love to touch base too! Glad to know you and Brett are doing well too. Why don't you drop me an email at the address included in my profile and we'll see if we can't catch up!

Why Read Toby's Blog? said...

Andrew - I share your passion for music and for finding new stuff that moves you. You might enjoy checking out my website and my book The Gospel According to Rock. When you get a chance, head to www.booksandbridges.com and let me know what you think. I also blog weekly at http://faith4tomorrow.blogspot.com Keep up the great work in the blogosphere and keep rockin'! Toby Jones