Thursday, May 08, 2008

Nine Years Ago Today...

...I had no idea what an adventure I was getting myself into. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, my life went from docile and boring to something rivaling any Indiana Jones movie. The culprit? Taking the hand of my lovely wife in marriage.

The road has certainly been, well, interesting, with this past year or so upping the ante every moment. Whether we're juggling rugrats, rushing to and fro, venting, or whatever, it's still a beautiful thing because we're doing it together. It was pretty cheesy in Jerry Maguire when he delivered the "You complete me" speech but, after living these past several years with Erin, I dare say that I could make that claim.

She's my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my favorite face to see in the morning and my favorite face to see at night. She understands me (most of the time!), puts up with me, and still loves me. Plus, she eats my cooking. She's a wonderful woman and I count myself among the luckiest of men.

Today, I celebrate our love and thank God for the blessing that He's given me in you, sweetheart. I love you!

1 comment:

Celena said...

Aw, you two are so cute. Happy Anniversary!