Tuesday, June 05, 2007

To the Faithful Three

I realize that I haven't posted anything of significant worth here in a while save a few pictures and links to reviews I've done so I thought I'd take a brief moment while I have it to update the faithful on what's been going on with us.

To begin, the biggest thing that's kept me from blogging consistently surrounds the move that we as a family have made. After much prayer and consideration and maybe a touch of insanity as well, we decided to do a "Kingdom of God"-type thing and move in with my in-laws in order to help them out financially for a season. They've been okay but just so and we wanted to help them get their heads a little above water. On top of that (of course we're not totally unselfish!) we also wanted to utilize the opportunity to fast-track some debt out of the way and put a little into savings for ourselves during that time. So, we moved.

Thus far it's been okay. It is interesting, getting to know one another's little patterns and whatnot but we're making due. We do have more television channels now and a slightly larger kitchen but of course now there are more people to hog it. But, we're just trusting that we're doing the right thing, that it will help them out, and that we'll survive with our sanity intact. I think the first two will work out but the third is still up for grabs!

Aside from that, I really can't think of anything incredibly significant. My writing life was put on hold a bit due to all of this so I really haven't had time to sit down and really work on that much either. Wow. I'm just looking back at all this and am realizing that I'm really quite boring. Oh well. Maybe that's why it's just a faithful three...

No comments: