Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bittersweet...

Ryan and Holly just left, off to get an oil change and start back on the final long leg of their trip. It was really great having them in, getting to know them better, and just conversing about life and faith. There's always a subtle hesitancy inside oneself before a relationship is really begun that questions whether or not the two parties will actually mesh or not and, at least for our part, I think we did. For myself, it felt very liberating to be able to discuss and hear informed feedback regarding this step in my journey of faith and rediscovery of what it really means to be a follower of Christ. Additionally, it pulled me a little bit out of my box and into the realm of true hospitality, into a place of having to do something that before, perhaps, wouldn't have made as much sense as it does now. I'm thankful for the Sharp family, for their hospitality to us, for their kindness and love, and now, for their friendship.

No comments: