Monday, December 19, 2005

Narnia thoughts and more...

So I went with a friend to see the Narnia movie today. The only problem is that I'm not sure how I feel about it. I enjoyed it sure, but I'm not sure if my joy was marred or hindered by all of the hype and discussion surrounding the movie to begin with. No one can deny that it was well done, well cast, and pretty well shot all over. I'm just not sure how I feel just yet. I think I need to take some time to process it in order to see if my hesitancy to really like it stems from overinundation of media hype or some other malady.

In other news, I'm just finding myself in a weird place right now. Much of my walk as of late has been very lonely, very austere in it's surroundings. I'm not entirely sure why. Some, I'm sure, would counsel me that the loneliness stems from my waywardness and that I need to return to church and stop my backsliding. I'm not sure that they'd be right. I feel more confident in this path than I ever have, and more certain of my faith in Christ. What I'm not sure of is how to live out some of these new ideas and thoughts. I'm not sure yet what it really means to live a simplified life. I'm not yet sure what it means to really see Jesus' commands as more than just suggestions. That's a scary, and a bit sad, statement but it's true. I wonder how many more of us, being honest, would acknowledge that we've seen Jesus' countercultural commands more like good ideas or noble suggestions as opposed to radical calls to a new way of life. What does it really mean to turn the other cheek, to not repay evil for evil? In this world, that means insanity, instant pain and suffering. I don't know...Just some ramblings...

No comments: