Friday, March 10, 2006

The Juices are Flowing...

So last night I finally sat down at this very keyboard and monitor and started to write again. At first, it was a little stunted, a little unnatural. But, then, slowly, the words began to flow and my fingers slid effortlessly around the keyboard, strumming out the quiet tale of my life. It was so liberating and, well, it just felt right. I've avoided writing for so long. Part of me is so afraid of what I'm truly going to be called to write, of the honesty and vulnerability that my writing is going to entail. The other side of me is just plain scared of rejection, of submitting a piece only to have it picked apart by a hardened editor who scoffs at my use of punctuation and insists that I not use so many run-on sentences because that's just bad grammar and sentence structure! I don't know. Either way, as epic as it sounds, I feel the call. And I must respond. Hope someone else acknowledges it and will buy this stuff....

No comments: