Saturday, March 11, 2006

So Lonesome I Could Cry...

Erin and Tyler are gone for a week or so and now, Saturday night, I'm really starting to miss them. I stand up to go get something and find myself restless, unsure of what to do. When they're around it always seems as though there's more of a plan, a goal. Tyler has to be put to bed, the dishes need to be done, Erin and I need to talk some things out. All that sort of stuff is missing when it's just me here on my lonesome. Sure, I've had some time to just breathe and this morning I slept into like 8:30, a watershed moment for me, especially since the advent of children in our lives. And yes, I've had some time to actually start writing again which is both a freeing and frightening process. But, still, all in all, I miss them. I ran across some pictures as I was cleaning today (yes, I was that out of it!) of Tyler and Erin and just sat mesmerized by how much I love them.

I forget how much I love them sometimes and that pains me. It's usually in those moments that I'm the biggest asshole on the planet, that I forget what truly matters. This week, however, has reminded me that I must not only see them as wife and son, but as Jesus and Christ. I must respond to them, respect them, and love them as I do Him. That's a daunting task but when I view it in that light, it definately changes things around a bit.

No comments: