Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Fourth of July


Shooter Jennings sings in the chorus of his song, The Fourth of July:

"You were pretty as can be, sitting in the front seat
Looking at me, telling me you love me, and you're happy to be,
With me on the 4th of July
We sang Stranglehold to the stereo
Couldn't take no more of that rock n roll
So we put on a little George Jones and just sang along"
Well, my little girl was ready for some fireworks and George Jones! Yep, that's right, at 4:25 P.M. on our nation's birthday, our beautiful little girl, Peyton Brooke, decided to come into the world! Mommy and baby are doing great and Dad, well, Dad's just tired right now but pretty dadgum proud! I'll write more when I can but I'm just busting out with pride!

1 comment:

Andrew Greenhalgh said...

Thanks a lot, Nathan. It is a pretty exciting deal and this is out second time through! Crazy, though. Not sure about this whole girl thing but she's got me wrapped around her finger! Thanks for stopping by!