Monday, July 24, 2006

Getting Back to "Normal"...



Just thought I'd thow a bit of a personal update in here since I haven't really posted much recently. Life has obviously been a little crazy with our new edition but we've been doing our best. Peyton is beautiful and great but she's not so big on the sleeping through the night thing just yet so it's gotten a wee bit tiresome here and there. But, we will overcome. Most say the first six weeks are the hardest and we're as of tomorrow, halfway through.

In addition to learning to deal with this new person in our life, we're also having to keep our son, Tyler, aka "Batman", occupied as well. We're doing all we can to keep him from getting jealous or from feeling left out of the whole thing. But, let's just say, he's one seriously active kid and he wears Daddy out pretty dang fast.

On other fronts, I'm two weeks out from completing school. Actually, as of tomorrow, I'm one week from being done. Done. Now the fun begins because in all honesty, I'm not sure that I really want to do anything quite related to what my major is in. It's going to be tough to find someplace that I'm a fit for with a "Leadership and Ministry" degree unless it's a church. And, just read past posts to see where I currently stand on that issue.

Honestly, I want to keep going and going with my writing. Part of the problem is finding the time to sit down and really work at it. Even now, as I type this, I'm typing in the dark with only the light from the monitor to light my way. I need some quiet and some discipline to get the ball rolling and with two kids in the house, a lovely wife, and a day job that pays poorly, it's a disheartening proposition. I have had the opportunity to do a little bit of writing for the online publication, Infuze Magazine. I've been added to their list of product reviewers and have been working on primarily music reviews for them. It's a nice step but it still doesn't pay. Maybe one day.

Well, it's not much but it's a bit of an update. I'm going to be writing more as time goes along. I've some questions and queries I'm going to need to get out of my head here soon or it's going to blow. Plus I'm going to be posting some reviews here and there just to practice my "craft" if my three readers don't object!

3 comments:

Celena said...

It is quite the challenge with two of them isn't it? My two-year-old has so much energy he wears me out alone, not to mention the work involved with a new baby that feels like he needs to be held every second of the day. Not that I mind holding him, I would hold him all day long every day if I didn't have anything else to do!

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»