Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Silence Explained...

I know that as of late this blog has not held much interest outside of a self-important posting regarding my bit of review work with INFUZE or some family pictures. I guess there have been a few exceptions but, all in all, I've seemingly diverted from some of what I've discussed most in the past, namely my spiritual journey and wrestlings in particular with the "good monster" (ht: Jars of Clay!) we call the Church. This silence has not been entirely unintentional.

Certainly, a portion of my silence has stemmed from a busy life. A new baby, a four year old son whom we've now enrolled in soccer, those aforementioned reviews, and life in general have taken up the better part of my time in terms of both writing and thinking. In fact, I've even taken some time off from the more serious reading I'm typically accustomed to, opting for, in unusual fashion for me, two Christian fiction works, and a wonderful book I'm halfway through, The Stupidest Angel. I've simply wanted to let my mind cool down.

For so long I've fought with these ideas of church and theology and right living and whatever else you can cram into that conversation that I've simply worn myself out. These are not bad topics nor has the time I've spent on them been a waste but it is honestly exhausting, particularly at this stage in my life as I seek out my future. Therefore, I've taken a few weeks to just veg. I've read some fluff, tried to relax, and have even started back to my early morning basketball gatherings. Don't worry though. You'll see some exasperated posts before long. I'm sure of it.

No comments: