Friday, September 29, 2006

A Soccer Story...


So just recently we decided to enroll our son, Tyler, in soccer. We had missed the deadline due to the fact that we were kind of tied up with that whole "having a baby thing" but found out about an opening from a young lady Erin works with. So, we signed him up. It's been an interesting ride, to say the least. I struggle to sit through practices. It's tough watching him play with cones, roll in the grass, and whatever else you can think of while everyone else is actually learning soccer but I know it'll come.

Anyway, yesterday, as we arrived at practice, he was kind of amped up and the coach hadn't shown up yet. So, as Erin, Peyton, and I perched on some large rocks underneath a tree, I told Tyler to run over to another tree and back just to get some exercise. Sometimes it's good to be the parent! So, off he goes. I look to Erin for a moment, the look in my eyes saying, "Yeah...I know what I'm doing", when I turn back to look at Tyler and the tree. He's standing there in front of the tree, now tugging down his britches! Erin starts laughing incessantly, near crying, saying, "He's going to pee! He's going to pee!"

Good times. Long live soccer practice.

No comments: