Friday, April 07, 2006

Just so tired...

This has just been one of the longest weeks in a long, long time. It all began with last weekend and a lot of running around that I had to do, meeting with friends here, time with some other people here, work and a trip to the Abbey here. Then, of course, there's all of the real life stuff that just comes part and parcel with the deal, hubby-wife relationships, playing Lincoln Logs with Tyler, work, work, work, school, and all of that stuff. I've also had to be away from home for a few nights with my Dad's birthday and a concert we went to last night as well. It's just all taken it's toll on me.

But, it's also been a good week for me. The whole article thing has been a great learning experience for me. I'll admit that I'm still learning to deal with criticism, especially some of the more pointed and personal critiques of my work but, as time goes by, my skin seems to be thickening a bit. In fact, I'm just itching to have some time to sit down and start into work on some other things that have been stewing in my mind for a while. Who knows? Maybe I'll get another one "published".

One thing that has been such a wonderful thing for me this week though is my family. It's been such a joy to come home, no matter what time, and just be able to settle into to family life. My wife, my beautiful wife, is such a wonderful woman who keeps me grounded and walking the line. In addition to that, she also reminds me that I'm loved and that she loves me. That means so much.

No comments: