Monday, August 07, 2006

A Change in the Weather...

Have you ever been in one of those seasons in your life when you could sense that your life was about to change? It's almost palpable, the feeling. The air you breathe tastes different, the colors around you seem to have changed. It's a difficult phenomenon to explain but is true nonetheless. I'm in that sort of state.

The reason I share this is two-fold. The first is blatantly obvious. I've finally finished my undergraduate degree and am seeking out where I might go from here. And, as a subsequent portion of that, I'm also knocking loudly on the door to thirty, being only fifteen short days away from moving my life into yet another phase. But the real thing that has drawn my attention and made me think is the people I've randomly run into this past week or so. First, it was an old employer. We hadn't seen each other in a good couple of years. Then, it was a woman who, while I was growing up, was very much like a second mother to me. Then, an old volleyball friend I hadn't seen in a long, long time. Another was a girl that I used to go to high school with and who dated one of my good friends. The list goes on.

I'm not sure why this voyage back into the past has me anticipating change. It could just be part and parcel of the season I'm in right now, of questioning and seeking direction in many phases of life. Or, just maybe, I'm right and my life is about to change. Only time will tell. We'll just wait and see.

No comments: