Thursday, April 19, 2007

Living in the Tension

My newfound pursuit of writing and trying to, I don't know, actually make money doing this sort of stuff has led me already to rubbing elbows with some really interesting people. My little gig at INFUZE has not only allowed me a forum to develop what I hope are my talents, it's also given me the opportunity to dream, to create, and to simply be challenged by what those around me are doing. Some of the people I share webspace with there are published fiction writers, pastors, comic book creators and illustrators, music producers, and more. Being in this sort of company simply makes me stand in awe because, clearly, my work is not quite there.

One of the guys there who's been super friendly, helpful, accomdating, and I could go on forever, is my friend, Matt Conner. Matt is a church planter and freelancer who is a much more gifted writer than I am. Just the other day Matt tapped into some of my heart through a blogpost that he wrote regarding our need for certainty and the reality of mystery in our lives. I thought this was really good. Check it out:

The Role of Certainty

No comments: