Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year thoughts Part 1: Thankfulness

I'm not traditionally a New Years kind of person. I don't really care if they're dropping a ball in Times Square or even really care to see midnight roll around. There was a time in my life when that was sort of cool, to stay up late, to hang out with a bunch of people, to cheer and kiss when the clock rang twelve, but these days, it's just not that big of a deal. On top of that, I've never been one for much consideration or reflection on the past year as such, nor one who is pandering about with a way too long list of resolutions sure to be broken in the next week or two. With all that being said, I'm going to temper myself a bit and give in, at least in some respects, for the next couple or more blogposts and allow myself a little reflection and some goals rather than resolutions.

These are some of the things I'm thankful to have learned, experienced, etc, etc, etc, in 2005:

Very glad to have Billy, ESandra, Jess, and Tim back in my life, on a more consistent basis. Our Enigma gatherings have been interesting and there is only hope for the future. On top of all of that, it's just been good to continue friendships that could have so easily fallen by the wayside.

I'm very thankful that my friends, Walter and Paula, gave birth to a wonderful, beautifully healthy child.

I'm very thankful to have established some new friendships with people like Ryan and Holly and Joey (who never returns phone calls or emails like a bum!) and Fred and Lorraine and Sarah and Theresa.

I'm very thankful for the friendship of my pal, Richard. He began first as a co-worker, then as a bit of a teacher, then a mentor, and now a friend. His friendship and tutelage have been invaluable along this current path I'm treading.

I'm thankful for new ideas and new questions that continue to bombard me and demand answers. I'm thankful for a mind that won't rest with easy answers and easy solutions to problems and queries much bigger than previously considered.

To be continued...

No comments: