Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Desert Island Diamond

Not long ago, I questioned what others might have as their desert island discs, essentially those albums that one would desire to have if you were stranded. At the time, I found it difficult to share my own thoughts on what album or albums I would want to have with me but, inspired by my "guilty pleasures" segment of my blogging fun, I thought I might share some desert island diamonds from my collection as well. So, if my faithful four readers will indulge me, here's today's desert island diamond:


Yes, none other than U2's magnum opus, The Joshua Tree. Featuring a set of songs that range from the deeply spiritual to the compellingly political, Bono and Co. crafted an album that has musically and lyrically stood the test of time. Who could ask for more?

No comments: